Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer 2013 Family Travels: VA

The second Saturday of July, James and I loaded up the kids and a picnic and headed to the Carroll Reunion. The weather was great and scenery beautiful. Even though I didn't officially know anyone there, they are my family and they made that evident through their compassion and conversation.

From the moment we arrived, my family members helped us carry our lunch up the hill. They each conveyed to me how much they loved and adored my late great grandparents. I will always cherish the stories they told me. All the recounts had a few common denominators: attending church, genuineness, and compassion. What a wonderful legacy to have left behind!  

Charlotte enjoyed chasing balls and balloons. She danced to music and ran in the field. Charlotte also enjoyed the playground at the park. Samuel was soaking up the love! Everyone held him and cuddled him until he was spoiled. :) He laughed and talked carrying on with the best of them.

We didn't have a camera, but here are some shots from Facebook.




We are already looking forward to next year's reunion and hoping to do some hiking at Natural Tunnel State Park as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment