Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer 2013 Family Travels: WV


So I'm taking a break from my Fresh 20 blogging to record some of our family adventures this summer. Regular food oriented blogs will resume next week. I <3 food!  :-)

Our first summer trip was to West Virginia. James is saving vacation days for our fall break trip and thanksgiving, so he stayed home and worked. My sister and mom decided to travel up with us instead.   We left EARLY. It was around 3:30 am when we got on the road (middle of the night is best with little ones). Despite our intentions of making great time while they slept, our 7 hour trip took 11 hours. The rain slowed us and we faced obstacles that included properly securing the car seats and a flat tire. 

Though the day was trying and LONG, God blessed us with generous and compassion people. 

We loved seeing our WV family. We ate amazing meals, swam in the pool, and enjoyed fireworks. I love taking advantage of every opportunity to allow Charlotte and Samuel to form relationships with their cousins. Some of my fondest memories as a child are of playing with my cousins. Here are some pictures that captured the fun. 

Mamaw, Charlotte, and Samuel
Charlotte enjoying Oreos by the pool.
Rod, Cindy, Charlotte, Thomas, NaNa, and Mamaw enjoying the sun and pool.
Charlotte loves taking pictures on the iPad. 
Thomas came to see what the fuss was all about.
Then he tried it out for himself.

The rest of the photos were taken by Mom, Cindy, Aunt Jo, or Aunt Rita.
Me and my sweet daughter, Charlotte enjoying time together in the pool.
The girls at the block party.
NaNa, Samuel, Thomas, and Charlotte at Mamaw's kitchen bar.
Love these collages that Aunt Rita made of the girls talking.
Sophia is showing Charlotte something interesting!
First shot of all four cousins! It makes me think of our old family photos of Michael, Mark, Cindy and myself!  I hope these kiddos will keep in touch and make many memories just like we did when we were kids.











No comments:

Post a Comment